Max Wedge Experts

When I bought my '64 Max Wedge it had fenderwell headers installed. The
right side valve cover came of to adjust the valves no problem.

When I bought my '63 Max Wedge it had factory exhaust manifolds. I'm
guessing the engine was painted 5 years ago and now the paint is
blistering on the right valve cover between 4&6 cylinder by the exhaust
manifold.

As I was about to remove the valve cover I took a good look at it and
stopped before I broke the gasket seal. That's a real tight fit between
the intake and the exhaust manifolds. Will I be able to remove the valve
cover without removing the exhaust manifold? Original engines had solid
lifters needing adjustments so they must be able to be removed without
removing the exhaust. Please, what's the trick.

Also this new mopar paint looks great but just does not stand up to
heat. What is a better Max Wedge Orange to stand up to the heat.

Thank You,

Nick Tiberio
furyus63

----