From: Dennis C. <dennis.2914@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, August 7, 2010 10:26:46 PM
Subject: RE: And PSHCEEEEW it was gone...

I agree, you are absolutely correct however I didn't want the box under
the hood.

I ran the stock mopar electronic unit for several months but really
didn't find a place where I wanted it mounted.  I even found a mount
that puts it behind the intake manifold on two of the bolts that go
through the strap than holds down the valley pan but never used it.

If I had it to do over I would order the Pertronix unit that goes in a
stock distributor and NOT get the billet unit, but I spent my money and
run what I have. (for now)

Again, I agree the stock unit is a very good choice and if I were
running one I would carry the spare parts you carry.

Dennis C.

Gary Wilson wrote:

> [...]
>  together.=
> =A0 I just need to remove the =0Ajumper to go back to a stock system.=A0
> Ve=
> ry quick and easy to switch =0Abetween systems.=A0 I did it a number of
> tim=
> es verfying that my initial =0Aproblem was the Pertronx
> distributor.=0A=0AG=
> ood Luck=0ADennis C.=0A=0A=0ABill M wrote:=0A> =0A> Went to take the
> Corone=
> t our for a ride this evening, turned a corner,=0A> hit the gas, and it
> let=
>  out a "PSCHEEEEW" backfire through the carb=0A> and then it was dead. I
>  ch=
> anged the ballast resistor again...that's=0A> not it. It didn't have
> spark =
> but I didn't get into diagnosis other=0A> that putting the coil wire
> near a=
>  bolt and cranking. How often do=0A> fairly new coils, or Pertronix units
>  t=
> ake a dump? Can someone go over=0A> the coil diagnosis procedure for me
> aga=
> in? I'm REALLY rusty w/=0A> electrical stuff. Also, how would I tell the
> co=
> il from the Pertronix=0A> unit being bad if I have power where I need to
> ha=
> ve it?=0A> =0A> Thanks=0A> =0A> -- =0A> Bill M=0A> 65 Coronet 500 'vert
> htt=
> p://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo62008.html=0A> 73 Dart Sport, 00
> Cheroke=
> e Sport, 01 Dakota SLT=0A> 21 Model T Depot Hack, 92 Accord, 06 Mazda
> 3=0A=
> =0A=0A=0A1996 Dodge Ram 3500 Van Conversion=0A1964 Plymouth Belvedere
> 318 A=
> uto=0A1963 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4-speed=0A1949 Dodge Pickup 289/C4
> soon =
> to be changed=0A1998 Honda Valkyrie Standard=0A=0A=0A----=0APlease
> address =
> private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly =0Ato
> that =
> person.=A0 I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as
> =
> =0Aother personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the
> Clubh=
> ouse =0Apublic address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce
> the=
>  total volume =0Aof mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar
>  topic.=
> =A0 Thanks!=0A=0A1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion
> Guidelines:=0Ahttp=
> ://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and
> =0Ahttp://www.1962to1965=
> ----------------------------------=0A=0A=0A

1996 Dodge Ram 3500 Van Conversion
1964 Plymouth Belvedere 318 Auto
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4-speed
1949 Dodge Pickup 289/C4 soon to be changed

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly
to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as
other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse
public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume
of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and