Re: When Old Car Guys Die????

An inventory of what was there is the first thing, then decide what to do next. If he scraps it all to a "salvage person" he will get pennies on the dollar and a lot of stuff will be crushed / gone forever. Selling to car enthusiasts at a fair price is a good tactic. Here is an example of a AMC guy's treasures; he had a good friend who is also an AMC nut and he put together a Web page with the estate items:   http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_estate_sale/ed-hooper.htm  -- then he spread the word among the AMC community / car clubs. Most sold to car restorers.

If it is all one brand there usually is a vendor who specializes in that brand that may want to buy the whole inventory to resell.

Thanks,
Gary H.