65 Trans Adjustments

The trans in my Coronet Is leaking like a sieve from somewhere above
the pan on the drivers side (cable or linkage penetrations, etc). I've
been hesitant to pull it to fix/rebuild it as I've never played with a
trans of this vintage. I'm honestly a little scared of getting the
cables, etc adjusted properly, as the shifter linkage adjustment is
absolutely perfect right now.

The ONLY issue I have with the trans itself (besides the leak) is when
you shift it manually, you have to depress the throttle fairly far
during the 2-3 shift or it will do a short "rev-up then shift" thing.
If you're on it, it seems to shifts OK. The 1-2 shift is ALWAYS nice
and firm. Not sure what any of this means exactly.

Are there any special tips or tricks that go along with removing,
re-installing, and re-adjusting one of these? Also, any special
procedures/knowledge involved in going through a trans of this
vintage? I'm not sure I'd want to trust a local shop to do the R&R as
the local trans shops are not in not-so-great "urban" areas.

Other things:
Is anyone doing a throttle body, etc that will make these
transmissions do a part throttle downshift?
How expensive would it be to have the trans converted to the later
style input shaft to accommodate a wider selection of converters?
How expensive would it be to get a performance converter done for the
early style input shaft? Is this something that Frank Lupo @ Dynamic
Convertors could do pretty easily? www.dynamicconverters.com

Other than physically pulling or replacing one, I'm a transmission
idiot, so thanks in advance.

--
Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo62008.html