From: David Bailey <bb64d440@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, September 26, 2010 5:05:35 AM
Subject: ’62 Cop Car?

I attended a local car show last night were I saw a (very rough) ’62 Dodge
4-door sedan with the typical black body with white roof and doors. Other than a
red bubble gum machine on the roof, there was no lettering or markings on the
car. All that aside though, the owner had only purchased the car a few days
prior and admitted that he thought the 440 motor under the hood was not the
original motor but being a cop car, it should have had a 440 in it as originally
built. Me, not being quite sure, I felt I was in no position to question him on
that point.

But now I need to know…for 1962, wouldn’t a police car have “at best” been
equipped with a 413 motor? And the 440 came on the scene when?
Thanks!
Dave B