Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2011 7:27 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fw: 65 Satellite Mirrors!

Smile,,,,, a lot of unanswered questions befor making a suggestion,,, you say the interior needs redone, is it possible that the seat is worn/broken springs or missing padding that would make her sit taller once it is done?, if you do not think that this is the problem, I would suggest that you go to a u-pull it type salvage yard and check what is on other vehicles and find a taller or wider mirror for usage,,,,,

-----Initial Message-----

Hi  Everyone,

This is my 1st post here on this list (except a personal message to Joey) & I was hoping for some advice. Please forgive me in advance if I make several errors. I am new to Mopars. ;)

My daughter just got her first car (a 65 satellite) for her birthday. It has been really fun and a money pit. LOL! The body was in great shape. We havereplaced everything except the engine and the transmission to make sure it is reliable for her. The outside has been painted Hemi Orange. We have a few chrome and symbols that are missing we would like to find to complete the outside. The interior still needs work.

We are currently having a issue with the side mirrors. She can not see out of them at all. She shorter than the average guy (perhaps why?). I have read that it did not original come with a side mirror but it seems one was added at one time. With her being a recently new driver I would feel better if she had the second mirror since the holes have been drilled. Does anyone know of mirrors that are taller or lean out further? Has anyone had a similar problem? My dad came up with the solution of getting the 1970's Porsche 911 mirrors because they are at an angle. I thought I would ask here before I purchased yet another set of mirrors that possible won't work with a restock fee :).

Thanks in advance,
Gina

----