To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 10:30 AM
Subject: Theft!

Imagine the shock of going into your pole barn to get something and gradually noticing that you have gaping holes where you just recently had heavy shelves full of '50's, 60's, and 70's mopar parts. Happened to me January 19th. It turns out that a bunch of stuff like 426 hemi heads, max wedge heads, 340 X heads, a whole stack of aluminum intakes, etc were stolen and taken to a metal salvage yard and sold for metal weight. They didn't have any of it left, and claimed that they ship stuff out by the semi load the same day they buy it. Um, thanks guys for confessing that you aren't in compliance with Indiana law on the matter, which requires that all "valuable metal" bought by a salvage operation must be retained for 5 business days to assist in possible recovery of stolen goods, AND specifically includes "small auto parts" in the definition of valuable metal. That has led to the local prosecutor issuing a warning letter to all salvage yards, which is scheduled to be delivered to them in person this week by a team of detectives from the two agencies covering the locations of all the yards. Normally as the head of the detective division at my department I would participate in doing this myself, but I have to stay out of that part since I'm contemplating bringing a suit against the company, as they violated the law with my parts. They also failed to copy the state issued identification of the people selling them, as required, and failed to photograph them, as required. I've been working on my insurance claim meanwhile, as more of a sure thing, and do need a little help with one missing item: a '63 Borg Warner T-10 with the Mopar A833 pattern. I could only find one for sale online, on Craigslist, and that was a "best offer" ad, with no price listed. My insurance adjuster is being understanding but just wants such things as eBay or Craigslist printouts suggesting the current value of these parts when I can provide them.

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana...'49 Plymouth 2 door; '62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart convertible; '65 Barracuda \6; '65 Imperial; '68 Barracuda FB 340-S; '69 Barracuda FB now 360; '70 Challenger now 440; '72 Cuda '340