reverse light

I recently saw a picture of a '64 sport Fury with a 4 speed and console. It had
an amber colored indicator light on the bottom of the dash. The light was
rectangular or square and was toward the center of the dash, mounted low,
and ahead of the shifter. I seem to remember Road Runners having a reverse light
indicator there but don't recall any early "B" cars with one. Does anyone know
if it is correct for our cars and if so, where I can get some further
information?
 Get America back to work.
Buy American.
Hire American.