8 3/4 Yoke..

 Hi All!

 The changeover sure had incited some activity, either that or alot of messages were disappearing before! Good move!

So the rear end gears in my 64 Newport are pretty noisy on accel, quiet on decel, guess they weren't setup right as the previous owner said they are fairly new set of 3.55's.

It's a 741 carrier, and I'm trying to figure out what the yoke is compatible with, as I've found a good 3.91 sure grip carrier and want to make sure the yoke will work.

Wierd thing is my yoke says 072640 on it, and I can't find that part number anywhere on the net except in a parts manual for a GEHL CB1000 Forage Harvester...

The 3.91 set is also in a 741 carrier and has a 7260 yoke on it, any idea if it's compatible?

Also, do you think it would be worth it to take the pod out and take it into a shop to see if they can set it up properly, or is the damage probably done?

As usual any insight would be appreciated!

Jay