Re: When in Rome ...

Hi Jim,
You have one fine looking machine. I hope my 65 turns out as sharp!
Mike LeFevre

On 5/11/2011 5:14 PM, Jim Altemose wrote:
Here's my 65 Belvedere.  I got it several years ago and was told it
was raced by Bill Shirey as "The Professor", but I have no concrete
evidence of this.  I've seen pictures of "The Professor", and the roll
cage and such look the same, and it was delivered to the same
dealership that Shirey took deliveries to, but other than that I
haven't been able to dig anything up or contact Bill Shirey.  I
contacted a Tom Shirey in PA who races Max Wedge nostalgia classes,
but they're unrelated.  It's originally a 426 Street Wedge blue car.
It now has a 383.  I'd certainly be interested if anyone has info or
pictures of Bill Shirey and "The Professor".

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
'63 Polara 500 (383)