- I do not want an electric fan.  The stock elec system couldn't handle it.  I would think that the rad, shroud, pump, thermostat, and better fan should solve the problem.  Like most everyone I'm looking for the most economic solution.  I will try one thing at a time.  It will eventually be a street/strip car but more street.  Thanks again for all the input.  Gary, this site rules!

John
PS - Anyone have the rear trunk trim with the "PLYMOUTH" for a '64 Belvedere?

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Gary Pavlovich <glpavlovich@xxxxxxx> wrote:
A high volume water pump, according to a mfgr. like FloKooler, requires a Hi-Flow thermostat...as Dodger indicated,  a Hi-Flor thermostat by itself will not likely make a difference in cooling.

Gary P.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis C." <dennis.2914@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:55 AM

Subject: Re: High Flow Thermostats

I agree, I really like the Milodon high flow thermostats.  I was
having trouible cooling and talked to an old timer in a radiator shop,
the first thing he wanted to know was what themostat I was using and
told me to throw away my standard and get a high flow.  They may not
fix an overheating problem but they are part of the solution.

Dennis C.

On May 18, 5:47 am, Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley...@xxxxxxxxx>