From: Stephen Andrachek <s.andrachek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Some nice MOPAR pics from the Kurt George Memorial Races
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 1:55 PM

My MOPAR friends,

Every year in June they run and pay money for three days in June.  That's right, they have a full race with money paid on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  The best part of it is that it is an all MOPAR show.  It is held in New Alexandria, PA, in SW PA.  The strip used to be called "Keystone" but now it is called Pittsburgh Raceway park."  Here's a  link for you:  http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/

Kurt George was the son of noted area racer Bob George.  Kurt was killed at a construction site when a truck backed up on top of him.  Kurt was Bob's son and Bob sets the weekend up every year in June.  Here's some pics from 2008.

I think at least some of you are really going to like this email.  I'm also sure that a lot of you have seen some of these cars run at strips near you and/or in car magazines.

Stephen "Chick" Andrachek

JUNE 17-19, 2011 - CURT GEORGE MEMORIAL RACE

curtgeorge2011

                        Kurt George's car is still kept running.  Nice '65 here.

Thor runs in the 10's with his '62 Dodge.  Every time the announcer sees a '62 Dodge pull
up to the tree he always says how ugly they are.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I
have a '62 Dodge and I alway feel insulted when that joker says those words.

                                        Mean Maxine

This '63 Plymouth won a trophy for best Nostalgic Race Car.  It was on the track for the first time that day.