Re: Headers

It would be in the manufacturer's self-interest to list all applications that fit, so I would give credence to
the listing's specific note of not working on C body Mopars. Possibly the pitman arm hits? Or steering linkage? Or too close to the steering box?

Technically C bodies were 1965 but in the popular vernacular people lump in earlier big platform Mopars like yours.
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header-C6573-178/Cbodyheaders.htm for example specifically starts with 1965.

You can possibly have custom headers made that will fit. See http://www.stainlessheaders.com/customheaders for instance.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0310phr_jack_burns_exhaust_manifold_header_tech/index.html is a tech
"Header Science" article about how headers work, fyi.

Since shorty headers fit you could replace those beat up ones on the engine with some new ones.
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-bettis64.html reports on his 1964 Chrysler.

Let us know how it goes....

Thanks,
Gary H.