From Stephen

Chris, The Max Wedge blocks had the same part no. as a truck block.  They were stronger and had a higher nickle content (and other different mixes from a stock block, no doubt).  The 413 blocks are notched on the top of the cylinder walls to clear the intake valve on most of the 413 engines.  If it had the notches and the truck block numbers it is either a truck block or a Max Wedge block.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that's how they came.  If you want to make a tribute car you can get parts from A&A transmission, all the Max Wedge linkage, dual chokes controlled by one cable, cross ram repro intakes for either Max Wedge heads or regular 44 heads port size,  many different good heads, cams and parts available.  For the time being, some of the stuff is still available.  Some isn't and some will be again.  If you need a part, check the parts for sale on Gary's web site and he puts stuff for sale on this email site for members of that group first.  Lots of car tips alreay.

My '62 Dart has a .040 over '67 440 with elelbrock heads, hughes cam, original '62 cross ram intake, some good old stuff with some good new stuff. It did well in the HP and torque depts. and runs on 87 octace gas.  Low compression doesn't mean low HP or torque.

If I said anything wrong about the blocks and stuff about the 413's, Gary will fix it.  He knows a lot.

Stephen "Chick" Andrachek  and welcome to the site.

--
--