Re: Big torque

Sounds to me more like the RV type build for towing, big vehicles, etc.. Build it along the truck engine direction. I'd think the fuel injection would be a boon. It will help maximize proper performance areas with the constant adjustments it can make to A/F ratio. A cam maker can probably give you a real solid idea of direction. People like Racer Brown will give you personal advice. There are others too. Of course Comp Cams have some great Mopar stuff but may be a bit too big to get as personal.

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr 324 poly w/goodies

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Ken Westerlund <kwesterlund@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Ken

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike & Deb
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 7:32 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Big torque

Ken,
I'm running a 493 in my 66 and I used the Edelbrock RPM heads with some pocket porting. By me. In my research I came to realize stock ports are a little too small for large engines. Small ports do promote high velocities but the shape of the port needs to be right. I would pair those heads with a dual plane intake, like the Performer and a small Holley. Like a 750 vacuum secondary. Or even better-fuel injection. For the cam try Comp Cams web site cam selection software or call a manufacturer. As far as compression ratio use as much as you can get away with for the octane fuel you want to use. Aluminum heads will let you sneak by about a full point higher than cast iron. My 2 cents.
Mike LeFevre