Re: Progress report on my 64 Dodge project

Re: Progress report on my 64 Dodge project

 Part 2  Early last Spring, I started my low buck engine build.  It is
a stock 440 low compression out of a big 1978 Dodge.car, with low
miles - no ring groove.  About 8 to 1 compression or lower  I did not
remove the pistons or crank BTW complete engine with all assesory's
and brackets- $100. I used a set of closed chamber  1960's heads with
a steel shim head gaskets. Calculated compression ratio= 9.4 to 1
1.74 exhaust valves and hardened seats. intake valves were fine. New
ex. valves and  all stiffer springs. head surface trued.  Cam is one
that I got with other stuff reported as high performance --no brand or
specs available.  I measure about .475 lift on intake and exhaust
lobes. Looksa to be a fair amount of duration. Drilled the crank for a
4 speed input shaft, and useing a inside or outside balance flywheel.
 Then the Summer heat set on and progress was

--
--
--