 From: "dcasey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dcasey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: '65 Polara Convt w/ FACTORY 413ci for Sale

I don't know about "spring special" to move sales. My '65 Polara 500 convertible was built in January of '65 with a 413 (Engine code AB = 99, guess that makes it an A-990!). The engine was stamped to have been assembled in the summer of '64. The 413-4bbl is one of the engine options listed in the back of the factory owners manual (along with 383-2, 383-4, and 426W-4). From what I can tell, the 413 was only offered with the 727. The same engine was available in the '65 Chrysler line, but I believe the 300-L got the 360 HP version with mechanical lifters. that same 360 horse engine was also the Police Interceptor motor for '65. So from what I can tell, they were always planning to offer the 413 in '65 C-bodies. They replaced it with the 440 in '66. I don't think the 440 made it to the B-bodies until '67 after they realized the hemi wasn't as street friendly as they'd hoped. Only 15 built? Did anyone ask Galen how many were triple black? Maybe mine is more rare than I thought.

Dave Casey

Quoting "Gary H." <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Thanks for the lead. Unique car. Lot of work too.... Would be fun when done!

BTW, Chrysler put a version of the 413 in trucks and motor homes for a number of years after 1965, though I can't remember when that practice ended.

Gary H.