Re: 66 Newport Dual Conversion

Just an update on this. The '65 Newport booster was unavailable from
every rebuild/supply house I called. I ended up sending it to Napa,
who sent it to Cardone in Philly for a rebuild. I got it back in a
week and it solved all the problems, no more front brakes dragging or
locking up and pedal return is much better. Cost $98.

At the same time I swapped the master for a '67 dual reservoir master,
which Napa had 2 of in stock for $27. The conversion required a couple
special fittings for the master and a plug for the stock Tee, and this
time Napa did not have them. A quick search online showed them in
stock at Advance Auto, and sure enough they had everything on the
shelf.

On an unrelated note, when I went to put the booster in, the car
wouldn't start. After testing all the circuits it was obvious that the
relay went bad in the week that the car was sitting. Napa was the only
place that had one in stock, $22, USA made.

- Dave

--
--
--