Re: Chrysler historical " build record" ?

Re: Chrysler historical " build record" ?

<Ok Guys and Gals, I need help here, I do not understand the need for decoding a fender tag unless your ultimate goal is the sale or <purchase of a vehicle, and the worry of it being correct.

Here is one answer.  I bought the max wedge car in 1995, so clearly I'm not flipping it.  Yet I do thirst to know whatever I can about this car and all of them. In my 60's now I suppose I am set in my ways and doubt if I would ever become a car flipper...instead I hope that when I go my family will keep my cars in the family.  I tend to hold on way too long, even the daily drivers. When I sell something it is from necessity, like when I was on the verge of bankruptcy in the early 2000's when my moonlighting construction business was going south along with economy and the dot com bust.  I knew the '62 had an interesting history when I got it from Roland, including drag racing, street racing, daily driving back and forth to school by his son, and about everything you could name.  I wanted and still want to know everything about it.  I don't race much, but it is cool that many do a lot and love it.  But we don't all have to feel the same way or do things the same way.  I run into such assertions on all the lists I'm a member of though; for example the Imperial Club list has a strong faction of those who get downright self righteous when the rest of us talk about upgrading to front discs and stuff like that.  So yes many of us can want to decode this stuff even though we are not selling.

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana, harboring of bunch of old and newer Mopars

--
--
--