Re: Maiden voyage & now need electrical help!

Re: Maiden voyage & now need electrical help!

That would be the correct one!!      The VR 706 is probably what they are going to sell you which is the way to go!  They are solid state and are more efficient and will get rid of the wobbling needle in your amp gauge and dimming headlights at idle.  A little trick to keeping it more factory looking is to pry the chrome cover off and replace it with the cover from your old VR.  The 706 cover is just held on with a thin bead of RTV, reinstall your old cover onto the 706 in the same manor.

  Herb

1954 DeSoto Firedome Estate Wagon 276 HEMI
1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361 4-Sale
1959 Dodge Coronet 326 Poly
1961 Plymouth Belvedere Custom Suburban Wagon 318 Poly
1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer Wagon 318 Poly
1963 Plymouth Fury 2D/HT 7.0L Gen III HEMI
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible 361
1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst 440
1979 Dodge Aspen Sport Wagon 360
1999 Durango SLT 5.9L
2008 SRT-8 Magnum 6.1L