From: Charles Ackel <amh@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Richard Kinsley <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 12:40 AM
Subject: Re: our conversation today

Richard:

      I hope that this isn't too much information, so I will start with the summary.
That way you can just stop when you've had enough.
      For the 1959-65 Dodge/Plymouth Poly 318 V8 we can supply the;

Overhaul (Full) gasket set for around $150
Head gaskets for around $37.50 each
Valve cover set for around $16.50
Oil pan set for around $12
Intake manifold set for around $15
Exhaust manifold set for around $15
Timing cover set for around $19
Rear main seal set for around $20
 &
Water outlet gasket for 64 cents
plus a few other individual gaskets

      The exact price depends on the brand that we have at the time of the order
and which brand or type of gasket the customer selects.  In the details that
follow you will see that some of the prices can be much lower than the ones
above.
      We also carry gaskets for many other older Chrysler Corp. engines including
the 251 Cu.In. flat head six and the 218/230 flat head six and have access to
even older Mopar applications through one of our suppliers.  Water pumps too.
The difference between us and other suppliers to the collector car market is our
competitive prices.

      We buy manufacturer direct and stock a full line of gaskets from Best, DC,
Detroit, DNJ, Magnum, and ROL.
      Best is all made in USA and we can get anything they make within 3 bus-
iness days.  Best specializes in gaskets for American made collector cars.  They
have just had a price increase, so the prices quoted below may be a little higher
than what we charged you.
      DC is a full line manufacturer based in Mexico.  They control about 40% of the
Mexican gasket aftermarket.
      Detroit was originally an American company, but has had several corporate
owners over the past twenty years.  Now owned by DC, they were owned by
Corteco before that.  Some people refer to these as Corteco brand gaskets.
      ROL was originally a Canadian company with a broad product line, but is
now also owned by DC.
      ROL and Detroit gaskets are no longer in production, but DC has a vast in-
ventory of these products.  Most items will still be available for years.
      All items in the DC, Detroit, and ROL lines are shipped to us directly from
the factory in central Mexico.  They only accept stock orders (no special orders)
and the minimum order is several thousand dollars.  The ship to us approximately
30 days after we place the order and it takes two to three weeks more to get here.
If we don't have it, we just can't sell it.  We are continuing to build onto our inven-
tory of these lines.
      DNJ just serves the late model repair aftermarket.  Their gaskets mostly are
made in Taiwan.
      Magnum is a new company to the aftermarket, but was previously a supplier
to Fel-Pro.  The have little or nothing for the collector car market.  Nearly all of
their gaskets are made in USA and are premium quality.
      We ocassionally have a chance to buy a surplus or "distressed" inventory
of gaskets and may, from time to time, have in stock any brand you have ever
heard of and some you haven't.  We sell what we have until they are gone,
then try to replace them with a brand that we have access to.

      Here is the detailed breakdown of the gaskets that we have or have access
to for the Poly 318:
Overhaul (full) set
      available in BEST and DC
      in stock:  Best, qty. 1, $150
      not in stock: DC, available in March 2014, $122
Head Set
      in stock: Fel-Pro $150.  Notice that the full set (above) is the same price or
      less!
 Head gasket
      available in Best, DC, Detroit
      in stock:  Fel-Pro, qty.1,$39
                       Detroit, qty.3, $19.55
      not in stock:  DC, coming in March,$17.00
                              Best, quick availability, $37.50
Valve cover set
      available in  Best, DC
      in stock:  Best, qty.1, $16.57
                       Victor, qty.1,$16.57
       not in stock:  DC, coming in March, $11.17
Oil pan set
      available in Best, DC, ROL, Detroit
      in stock:  Best, qty.1, $12
                       ROL, qty.1, $9.75
                       Victor, qty.1, $11.75
      not in stock:  Detroit, $9.75
                              DC, $12.75, available in March.
Intake Manifold set
      available in Best, DC, Detroit
      in stock:  Detroit, qty.2, $10.11, note; steel shim type (thin)
                       Develco (old surplus stock), qty.1, $10.00, composition type
      not in stock:  Best, back in stock next week, $15, composition type
                              DC, $13.00, available in March
Exhaust Manifold set
      available in Best, DC
      in stock:  Best, qty.1, $15
      not in stock:  DC, coming in March, $13.50
Timing cover set
      available in Best, DC, ROL
      in stock:  Victor, qty.1, $17
      not in stock:  Best, $19.70, back in stock next week
                             DC, $10.56, coming in March
                             ROL, $14.20, back in stock in March
Rear Main Seal set
      available in Best (two types) and DC (two types)
      not in stock:  Best, rope type, $18.95, coming next week; moulded rubber type,
                                     $20.83, available on short notice
                              DC, rope type, $8.00, coming in March; moulded rubber type, $19.20,
                                    March
Water outlet gasket
      in stock:  Detroit, 64 cents
Any questions?  Feel free to call or write.  Also, any feed back you can give us about
how you like or dislike our products would be most appreciated.  We are dedicated
to giving our customers a good value on a quality product.  If you aren't happy, we're
not happy.
Sincerely; Charley Ackel, American Motor Haven

--
--
--