Re: January 2014 "Mopar of the Month"

Mo----Back in the old days it seems everyone used to run Cragar wheels, but I always liked the Keystones better. I also had a few Road Runners in the past, four to be exact and they were all 1969 models. My Dad was the sales manager for our small town local Mopar Dealership and I used to buy cars and kick everyone else's off brand rides butts with them. Sooner or later someone would want to buy my car, so I would sell it to them and just buy another one. I was able to buy them at dealers cost and then re-sell them for less than what someone could buy a new one for. That was kind of a unique situation to be in and because my Dad was fond of me kind of continuing in his footsteps, he tolerated my doing it. I had to quit all high school sports, take a last hour study hall that I never went to and get two jobs to be able to afford it, but I was driving a brand new Road Runner my Junior year of high school. I went to work at the Mopar dealership from 2 pm to 6 pm five days a week and from 8 am to 1 pm on Saturdays. I also worked at least one eight hour shift at a local gas station seven days a week to be able to make the car payments, insurance payments and have some money for gas and other things. Most people in town figured that my Dad was buying all of these cars for me, but even though I always got the best deal possible on them, I had to pay for every one of those cars myself. I was pretty good at street racing 4 speeds back in the day and even the guys that bought my Road Runners could not beat me with my next identical car  HA! HA! HA! I always wanted a HEMI, but my cost at the time was an extra $800.00 and I just could not afford it at that time. By the time I might have been able to afford it, they had quit putting HEMI'S into the new cars. Take Care and Best of luck with your restoration projects, Charlie.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Steve Mick <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chalie---Great job!! Mine has been a long time project , but not THAT long!.  Love the wheels--When I ordered my new 1968 1/2  Roadrunner, I got a set of those Keystones befor the car came in. At that time Keystones did not have the black paint on the spokes.   I painted mine, Maybe Keystone got the idea from me LOL. The first thing I did when the car came in, was to drive it to the station where my buddy worked and put the wide oval red lines on my new wheels. Only had 46 miles on it when we did that. Those wheels are probably hard to find now`.....................MO

----- Original Message -----
From: David
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:30 AM
Subject: Re: January 2014 "Mopar of the Month"

Charlie,
Congrats and compliments!

David M.
New Jersey

On Jan 1, 2014, at 11:56 PM, Charlie Quarters <charlieq265@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank You so very much to everyone who commented on my 1965 Satellite. I never thought it would ever get finished and I turned down many offers to sell it during the 17 years it took to finally get it all finished as a tribute car to a friend that passed away and who had drag raced it for 15 years before I got it from him, Charlie.