Power Steering woes

From: John Z
email: Goiola@netzero.net
Date: July 02, 2000
Time: 01:05:06

Comments

Dropped my power steering box (for my 59 Plymouth Sport Fury) off at a local Plymouth dealer to get new seals put in at the column end of the box. After a few days he states he cannot get the spanner nut on the box loose. He has the special tool but says its so tight he's afraid he'll crack the housing. I suggested he soak that end in a "rust busting penetrating oil" which he is doing now......just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and has any ideas........also if all else fails will a manual steering box and column fit in its place... Thanks in advance..John Z (BIG Iola car show this weekend in Iola, WI - I'd take my car there but its kind of hard to steer right now)

Last changed: March 03, 2024