Re: Manual Steering vs. Power Steering-a comparison?

From: Mark
email: myrednomad@aol.com
Date: July 29, 2000
Time: 10:11:31

Comments

Justin, I converted my '58 Coronet from manual to power steering using a '57 Dodge unit. This is the older coaxial unit, not the '58-up Constant Control unit. To sum it up, the Dodge drives like a different car! It was heavy and slow before, light and quick now. There is very little road feel, characteristic of the p/s units of that era. I'd think your best bet would be to find a donor parts car for the p/s unit. Hope this helps, Mark

Last changed: March 03, 2024