More Power Steering Discussion!

From: Justin
email: devioussquirrel@yahoo.com
Date: August 04, 2000
Time: 10:10:47

Comments

Thanks for the feedback! When you say "replace the whole column", do you mean everything including the turnsignal stalk and horn ring contacts? Earlier, I said I was going to keep the manual steering but after hearing about the 6.2 turns from lock to lock, I began to wonder. If I had to make an emergency turn, or even a quick U-turn, the manual steering could be a real liability. In your message, it sounded like only '60-'62 cars had the same fire-wall layout at the '63-'64 Chrysler. If you were putting P/S in a 1957 Plymouth, do you think it would be better to find a '57-'58 unit, or do you still think the '63-'64 column would be a better choice? I've also heard that there are some distinct differences between the 1957 P/S arrangement and the 1958 version. Are there any advantages of one year over the other?

Thanks Again!! Justin

P.S. I hope you don't mind the constant questions.. I just want to learn as much as I can about these cars. I really appreciate your helpfulness and patience.

Last changed: March 03, 2024