Vote for The Forward Look Network on the Mopar Top 100 Sites 

VIN plate?

From: Justin
Date: August 23, 2000
Time: 14:54:04


I'm still struggling to recreate a title for my '57 Plymouth Savoy. Now, I need to submit a photo of my VIN plate. I also need to answer some questions about it. I looked at the plate yesterday. It's a small metal rectangle located on the front of driver's door jam. It says "Vehicle No.", and underneath it, there is the number; starting with 223.. I think. I'll get the complete # tonight. The text is perpendicular to the ground. Anyway, there are two holes in the VIN plate which seem to anchor it in place. Yet I cannot see any rivets; they just look like little black holes. Is this some kind of "hollow" rivet? Does this rivet go by some specific name? Does the VIN tag of anyone else's '57 meet this general description? Are these VIN plates anchored by any other means? Any help would be greatly appreciated.




Last changed: July 19, 2018