Re: '58 Plymouth - How many left?

From: Eddie Mac
email: 57imperial
Date: August 28, 2000
Time: 20:18:21

Comments

I sometimes pondered that question myself. I doubt there can be more than a few thousand of the whole 1957 line. There may have been 742,000 Plymouths made,but as others mentioned,the body quality was not there. Also,weatherstripping not sealing,poor to no rustproofing. Let's not forget, chrysler wanted to recapture 20% of the car market that year,and some of those very necessary quality controls went out the window! Read a little about the Chrysler Corporation 3 years later. The assembly process changed dramatically for model year 1960.

Last changed: March 03, 2024