Speedometer broke, Help!

From: Brian Cooper
Email: 57plymouth@msn.com
Date: January 14, 2001

Comments

The speedometer broke a while back on the 57, but the cable had made noise for a few years. I figured the cable finally gave in and bought a new one at the show this weekend. I replaced the broken one, which was twisted in half right at the tranny, but still no go. I double checked that everything was put on right, even checked the shop manual. I disconnected it from the dash, and put a finger over it while I backed up and pulled down the driveway pretty fast. The cable didn't even turn. Is my problem in the tranny? If so, I don't know the first thing about them so some instructions would be a big help. It has the two speed powerflite auto with a six banger if that helps any.

Last changed: March 03, 2024