Canadien 6 engine?????

From: rich
Email: toga59@gateway.net
Date: February 15, 2001

Comments

Recieved a strange question from the shop rebuilding my straight six. It is in a 58 Savoy, (will be again once I get it back), I've had to get a new crank, which was from a six, reground, and was still to large for the block. The shop sent it to be milled to proper size and it will work. The same goes for the lifters, I ordered 2 rear main seals, and niether of them fit, not even close!! According to the shop the serial numbers show it should. What gives??? I purchased the car from a dealer and have no history behind it, the vin number shows it was made in L.A.. Anybody come across this before?

Last changed: March 03, 2024