Value!!!  Can't be explained...

From: Eric Carlson
Email: sk8bored@qwest.net
Date: February 16, 2001

Comments

The values of things don't make any sense. I have been in the Old Volkswagen world for 15 years and watched the prices of them skyrocket in the past 8 years. I've sold and watched '50's & 60's VW vans sell for well into the $20k range!! I have a '55 VW van that's so rare, it's worth $15k without an engine and paint! What I don't understand is my '68 Cadillac that's been in my family since new with 31,000 original miles and is as perfect as the day it was made is only worth $7k...so the books say! Things are only worth what someone will pay for them. Original paint cars are worth more to me, even when their faded and surface rusted, then if they have been painted 'yellow' !! Eric

Last changed: March 03, 2024