Horn problem

From: John Zastrow
Email: Goiola@netzero.net
Date: March 03, 2001

Comments

Last summer had a few seals installed in my pwr steering pump on my 59 Plymouth. After putting things back together discovered that horn would beep but also would spark in column when ring made contact with switch. I remember when removing steering column from steering box there was a "rubber sheathing" on end of shaft with some thin foil like metal also. I made up some new rubber to replace old stuff but didn't reuse the thin metal like material. Could this be the problem? Somehow the horn ring isn't grounding out like its supposed to. Anybody know of a simple fix like maybe hooking ground wire somewhere. (Even after disconnecting turn signal switch horn still sparks so its not getting current from that switch). Any help appreciated. John Z in Mosinee, WI

Last changed: March 03, 2024