Can't ANYTHING be easy (gas tank wrestling).

From: George
Email: gsv@dakotacom.net
Date: April 03, 2001

Comments

Well after waiting 7 weeks to get my tank back from what I found out too late was a rather dubious shop I finally attempted to get it back in place tonight. I'm doing this by myself, on my back, in the driveway. After I finally managed to get it in place and the straps attached I find that the fill tube has pushed out about 3/4 of an inch and no amount of cussing or whacking it with a rubber mallet will get it to reseat itself. Does anybody know what I did wrong or some trick to getting this back together? I have a touch of bursitis in my shoulders, so this is a real painful job for me. I would rather not have to keep experimenting to find the right way.

Last changed: March 03, 2024