Pushbuttons and later transmissions

From: Daven Anderson
Email: l96lfury@springmail.com
Date: April 07, 2001

Comments

The pushbutton cable can be made to pull the shift lever of the later transmissions. The cable is tensioned to shift the lever in the R-N-D-2-1 sequence (note that you're losing the ability to shift into park). This involves a lot of custom work and some trial & error,but it seems to work well enough once set up correctly.

I remember the earlier post about this. I've seen a '64 Dodge pickup with its pushbuttons shifting a later 727,and that's how it's shifting,the cable is pulling or pushing the lever. A metal piece to block the lever from going to 'park' was also attached,because if it got into the 'park' position the whole works would screw up instantly!

Now since I haven't built one of these,I'd really like to hear from someone who did!

Last changed: March 03, 2024