A leaking body seam (Maybe).

From: George
Email: gsv@dakotacom.net
Date: April 13, 2001

Comments

My 58 Belvedere has a leak that shows up by the kick panel on the passenger side. I had been blaming it on old window rubber, but I just recently noticed that there are the remains of ancient caulking on what appears to be a seam under the fenders near the point where the fender meets the door. Has anybody ever had a similar problem? I would also like to know what they used to seal this with. It seems worth a shot in order to avoid risking the windshield at this point. Thanks!

Last changed: March 03, 2024