Re: 57 belvedere dash

From: Jone
Email: jouni.jussila@finnair.fi
Date: May 29, 2001

Comments

I just got my dashboard painted.I used semi gloss black "structure" paint. First I oversprayed the dash to obtain smooth black finish. Then I adjusted the spray to make small droplets, which I sprayed immediately on still wet dash with very small pressure - like a rainfall. Droplets dried flat and I am very satisfied with the result. I have seen several factory painted 57/58 Plymouth dashboards and almost all of them are individuals depending on the factory spray adjustments and the painters itselves, but they are ALLWAYS semi gloss. You can easily adjust the size and density of the droplets, but you need an air spray with gravity reservoir (on a top). Good luck!

Last changed: March 03, 2024