Re: overheating 318 Poly

From: Boyd Crompton
Email: bcrompton@satx.rr.com
Date: June 12, 2001

Comments

Thanks for all the help guys. I got in touch with a mechanic today who was familiar with these engines. He was pretty sure it had to be an improperly installed head gasket. I took the heads off tonite after work. He was right. Both head gaskets were installed upside down! This resulted in several of the coolant passages to the heads being blocked off. Needless to say I am pretty upset at the shop that built this engine. I guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. I just hope it didnt do any long term damage to the engine. Thanks again.

Last changed: March 03, 2024