57 Desoto generator/Overcharging problem

From: jason pitman
Email: desotopit@aol.com
Date: June 17, 2001

Comments

Soon after I got my Firedome running, the original generator quit charging. I figured that since it sat for 26 years, I better replace it. I replaced both the generator and voltage regulator but now the new units are overcharging.The generator now charges wide open all of the time.I checked under the dash but found no wires that had rubbed and could be making a short. I polarized both the generator and regulator as I installed them and I am stumped. Any suggestions?

Last changed: March 03, 2024