'60 Belvedere back axle

From: Gavin
Email: gavin.upstill@btinternet.com
Date: June 30, 2001

Comments

I'm thinking of swapping out original back axle on my belvedere. This is due to brake problems. The car was neglected and abused for a long time before I got it, so brakes were not in the best condition. One of the rear drums is so shot we had to tack weld it in place to try to keep it centralised. Both rear drums have been skimmed at least once but are still causing problems. in view of poor condition of axle I think swapping the lot is best bet. Someone has kindly offered the axle out of a 57 Plymouth. Any ideas on this ? Parts like this are a bit thin on the ground over here in the UK !

Last changed: March 03, 2024