Acid Spill Clean-Up?

From: Justin
Email: devioussquirrel@yahoo.com
Date: July 14, 2001

Comments

Hello,

My '57 Savoy is in the garage awaiting the receipt of the title paperwork. Note to ForwardLook readers: never buy a car in Louisiana without a clear title.

Anyway, there's a corroded area on the driver's side fin that has lost its paint. A small area is covered with yellowish powder. Since the powder looks like elemental sulfur, I suspect that battery acid may have been spilled on the car at one time. If I scrape away the powder, it soon returns. Is there any simple way to stop this phenomenon? The car won't receive a full-fledged paint job for some time (if the title ever comes in).

Thanks! Justin New Orleans

Last changed: March 03, 2024