Indeed: U.S.D.D.A. does not allow 1950's/60's Imperials

From: Daven Anderson
Email: l96lfury@springmail.com
Date: August 22, 2001

Comments

The United States Demolition Derby Association long ago 'outlawed' the use of these Imperials in demo derbies, so yes this would have to have been a 'local yokel' derby. I don't think even the '71 to '76 GM wagons (an '80's derby favorite) are allowed anymore either.

Sad to say yours truly saw hundreds of now-collectible cars ending their run at derbies. From how often I saw the Imperials win in the early '70's, it's no wonder the USDDA outlawed them!

Last changed: March 03, 2024