[_borders/olddiscussion_ahdr.htm]

Re: AAJ disc brakes

From: JOE MAC
Email: MOPAR58@AOL.COM
Date: September 26, 2001

Comments

I saw a '57 and '58 Dodge fitted with these at Carlisle and the owners were extremely pleased. They said the conversion was easy and reversible if necessary (same spindles and wheels). The guy with the '58 didn't even change his master cylinder yet and he said the brakes worked fine (personally I would replace the master with a late model manual disc type and proportioning valve). The guy with the '57 had a wheel off so you could see the disc setup. Very neat and well engineered. I'm sold and will convert my '58 Dodge soon. The only decision is whether by buy the basic kit and buy the brake parts separately or pop for the complete kit.

[_borders/olddiscussion_aftr.htm]