[_borders/olddiscussion_ahdr.htm]

Re: 331 Hemi block

From: mike patterson
Email: mchr@theriver.com
Date: September 26, 2001

Comments

You might check the swapmeet section at www.powerplayhemi.com As I recall the the 51-54 blocks had the bellhousing cast to the blocks, so unless you want to be stuck with the original transmission or have the bellhousing machined off (as I have heard some people have done), you want to look for a 55 331. You proably also want to avoid the industrial/marine blocks due to the additional passages on the front of the block. If you want to go a little bigger, check out the PAW 354-392 Hemi catalog, as they sell complete ready to assemble engines.

[_borders/olddiscussion_aftr.htm]