[_borders/olddiscussion_ahdr.htm]

What to look for in a used Forward Look ride?

From: philly
Email: philoneal@flashmail.com
Date: November 20, 2001

Comments

Have seen a few classic Forward Look cars for sale, and the look intrigues me, so at some point I will think about buying one. What exactly are the things to look for on one of these rides (and obviously what to avoid)? (specific engines, rust in certain places, things I should look for that would automatically rule out the car as a purchase, etc.) Believe it or not, I'd like to get a car that's in good enough shape for a daily driver. The way I look at it is this; sure, I'd be driving a gas guzzler, but at least I wouldn't have a gigantic car payment to worry about, since I'd buy one of these rides with cash! Also, what's the verdict on running one of these old cars on today's leaded fuel; do you have to add a lead substitute, or is it ok to just fill 'er up?

[_borders/olddiscussion_aftr.htm]