[_borders/olddiscussion_ahdr.htm]

How much room underhood does that '59 have?

From: Daven Anderson
Email: l96lfury@springmail.com
Date: November 27, 2001

Comments

Well I've sure never seen a '59 Tempo,but I presume you mean it uses the same drivetrain as the then-new Austin/Morris Mini. Lucky for you the Mini's revolutionary transverse engine design inspired dozens of like engines! Most of the transverse 4 cyl's you can get in America would be pyhsically larger than the Mini's (at least none of the more common ones copy the Mini's use of the engine oil to lube the transaxle!) The VW Rabbit/Golf engines and the Mopar 2.2/2.5L would be great swaps if you had the room. Both of those can be turbocharged easily. I did e-mail Alumcan many more details of what to do and use to make that "Super-Yugo" (such as swap the Yugo back axle for a narrowed K-car piece,they are surprisingly similar-looking!),after all: "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!"

[_borders/olddiscussion_aftr.htm]