[_borders/olddiscussion_ahdr.htm]

1957 Plymouth 318

From: Charles Vernon
Email: chuckv@sitestar,net
Date: November 30, 2001

Comments

Need help! I have a really nice '57 Plymouth Belvedere 2-dr. Everything is near perfect except that the engine is bad. I assume it is a 301. Has 185,000 miles on it and is very loose and loud. I have a 318 power pak with Carter AFB 4-barrel that came out of a '59 Plymouth. I plan to have this engine rebuilt even though it has only 85,000 miles on it since new. Question: Will this engine bolt up to the Torqueflight trans. in the '57 without any modifications? Will the torque converter bolt to the crank of the '59 318? These engines appear to me to be identical on the outside but I certainly don't want to spend that amount of money on something that will not work. Your response and suggestions will be appreciated. Charles

[_borders/olddiscussion_aftr.htm]