[_borders/olddiscussion_ahdr.htm]

Re: 360 in a '58...??? What does this entail...???

From: Brian Cooper
Email: 57plymouth@msn.com
Date: December 01, 2001

Comments

What kind of premium is the police motor demanding? There is not that much of a difference in the 360 and the cop 360 to be worth more unless you are restoring a cop car and need those matching numbers. The cam in a cop motor is not that hot anyway, so I would get the cheaper 360, and Edelbrock Performer RPM, headers, a good 268 cam (at least), and a 750 or bigger carb. You can make any small block scream by porting the heads with the MoPar Performance templates. Just remember to get a good machine shop to balance that funky 360 bottom end! As for the tranny question, I am not knowledgeable enough to answer that. Where's Daven...

[_borders/olddiscussion_aftr.htm]