Torque converter information for 360 swap

From: Daven Anderson
Email: l96lfury@springmail.com
Date: December 01, 2001


The 360,unlike the 318,uses an external crankshaft balancer (an "externally balanced" engine,as opposed to the "internally balanced" 318). Using a B&M flexplate will allow you to use the original '62-'64 torque converter. (this should work well with a 1500-5000 rpm street motor). Now if you had a really hot-cam 360,to use a higher stall convertor,the best way to do THAT would be to swap all the transmission internals from the planetary gears forward to the '67-up design 727 stuff,and then you can get any convertor you want!