[_borders/olddiscussion_ahdr.htm]

Re: 1957 Plymouth V8 engine removal

From: Adam Green
Email: adamgreen57@hotmail.com
Date: December 02, 2001

Comments

Charles, When I removed the engine from my 57, I lifted the engine seperately from the trans. It was a non-standard 392 Hemi though. The combo was too heavy for my crane. If you remove the radiator, there is enough room to slide the engine forwards off the trans input shaft then lift it clear of the engine bay. I also removed the hood to make the task easier. It's better if you can rotate the front of the engine upwards as you lift. Finally, the Poly is a pretty heavy engine, make sure the crane is up to the task.

[_borders/olddiscussion_aftr.htm]