[_borders/olddiscussion_ahdr.htm]

Re: '57 torsion bar suspension

From: Dave Murray
Email: dad1993@gte.net
Date: December 13, 2001

Comments

Hello...Be sure to check for rust or pits. Otherwise, they should be okay. The torsion bars on my '58 Plymouth looked fine on the outset, but when I removed them to rebuild the frontend, I found rust and pitting on the ends that go into the suspension ears. This definitely weakened the bars. I couldn't locate these new. So I used bars off a junked '57. By the way, the larger hemi-car bars will work too. That's what my car originally had but I was forced to go with the slightly smaller regular bars. Hope this helps.

[_borders/olddiscussion_aftr.htm]