[_borders/olddiscussion_ahdr.htm]

Re: 440 into 60 dart

From: Mike L
Email: kklmlou@msn.com
Date: December 23, 2001

Comments

Phil, Yes you can do this swap and its not that tough. I did this with a 383/T.F. and they fit in with room to spare. I went with a old style floor shift because thats the look I wanted. I believe you will need a 1962-64 T.F. to hook up your push button trans, but ask the list . They helped me and know much more than I will ever know regarding swaps. You will need big block motor mounts and make sure you have a mid sump oil pan for clearance with frame. I also changed the radiator as the 318 units outlet came out right in front of the oil filter allowing no clearance. Went with a 361 radiator from another 1960 Dodge. Like I said, ask the list. They can save you alot of time and money, as well as headaches. Goodluck! Mike L. 1960 Dodge Pioneer

[_borders/olddiscussion_aftr.htm]